Friday 17 September 2010

Couchsurfing : Testimonials

http://www.couchsurfing.org/testimonials.html


On the couchsurfing website there are 2531 testimonials. A testimonial is where a member has taken the time to write about their positive experience on the Couchsurfing homepage, every one of the 2531 are positive testimonials to couchsurfing. These are seperate from references.

A selection of references:




"I travel a lot for business and pleasure. I often visit the same places and I know many airports and hotels ... and I like it. With CouchSurfing I still do the same for now, but I have had the pleasure of traveling through the stories and enthusiasm of CouchSurfers that I have hosted in my house. Therefore, I travel more often, even when i'm at home, and so I hope to share this excitement as well. Couch Surfing may indeed be a formula for traveling, seeing new places, people and cultures."

"The paradox: when we do something for nothing, what we often obtain is something far greater... do not waste time for people that do not want to spend it with u... in life, you don't get the people you want. you get the people you need."

"I can't even begin to describe how amazing Couch Surfing is. We went on a HUGE cross-country road trip from California to Florida to Maine and back, and not only did we meet some amazing people, but we made some amazing friends that we will continue to be friends with for a long time to come. It has been amazing to see such a strong community built on just the idea of helping people and sharing stories, asking for absolutely nothing in return. If the world had the same mentality that couch surfers do, it would be a much better place, and for once, we would finally know peace."

"I am an active guy who meets alot of people. I signed up here just for hosting and being hosted while travelling. Much to my surprise, I have met great quality people, who have become close acqaintences, and friends. My COuchsurfing experiences have been much better than I expected!"

"Couchsurfing is like accelerated method for vagabonds, nomads and other type of travellers to meet different, crazy, funny and passionate people. It makes me smile. It makes you smile. It makes us smile. And it's good."

"Hosting visitors is like traveling with all the comforts of home."

"Traveling is one of the most interesting way to have the new experience and learn more from overseas. I heard this site from one of my friend that had succesful travel with her travel buddies from this site. Hope this site will give many advantages for me who love traveling as well."

"When you're too busy, to poor or to weary to travel, host someone and let the world come to you :)"

"In this age of racism, prejudice & terrorism, in which people are afraid of stepping out of their front door, roaming freely or talking to others, Couchsurfing has become a beacon of light in these dark times. Evident in the number of members on the site, its ideology proves that the world is not full of bad people & that many of us share the same hopes, dreams & aspirations, giving us all something in common. Through the meetings & interactions arranged daily on this site, its users are gaining valuable insights & cultural understanding, while spreading the spirit of peace through the sharing of time, possessions & experiences. All of these lead to open-mindedness & tolerance, the world could do with more Couchsurfers! ...Oh yeah and it's a great place to arrange a beer & a BBQ!"

"Trough Couschsurfing not only I met so much interesting people but now I know about the reality in their countries, told it by them whom live it! Those people gave me the great idea of to travel for to know the world, now I'm doing it! Even I found the love with CSers! Thanks Couchsurfing!"

""Thank you for have created this website. I would like to tell you just one thing that well impressed me. Today, before start surfing the couchsurfing site I filled up my profile that I didn't fill at the moment of my subscription. In my profile I mentioned the movie "Six grade of separation" to describe my idea of couching, and lately I read it in the site. It was a confirmation of our correspondence.""

No comments:

Post a Comment